Ring Season

Written by on October 21, 2018

This fall has been nothing but success for Coyotes athletics. As of today, the major four fall sports (volleyball, football, men’s and women’s soccer) have a combined record of 39-2-1. Yes, that is 39 wins, 1 tie, and only 2 losses. On top of it all, both soccer teams have won the regular KCAC titles and this coming Saturday the football team has a chance to add the third title of the fall season with a win over Avila, here at Gene Bissell Field at 1:30 pm.

| KWU Student Media

#23 Madeline Lopez dribbles down the field looking to create a play.

The men’s soccer team clinched the KCAC regular season crown this past Tuesday with a 4-2 win over Sterling College to round out conference play with a perfect 12-0 record. The impressive season also included a 4-2 win over then 2nd ranked Oklahoma Wesleyan just last weekend. The team will open up KCAC postseason play this Saturday evening at 7 pm against Avila University.

| KWU Student Media

#16 Valerie Ochoa looks to take control of the ball.

The women’s soccer team completed the team’s goal of the season of #addanotherbanner. The Lady Yotes clinched the regular season crown after compiling a record of 11-0-1. The team completed the title run with a convincing 4-0 over Sterling College on Tuesday but defeated back to back nationally ranked opponents last week (Ottawa and Oklahoma Wesleyan.) The team will open up post season bracket play this Friday night against the 8th seeded Avila University at 7 pm.

This coming Saturday, the football team will be looking to win the regular season crown when (24) Avila University comes to town for the first ever meeting between the two schools in KCAC play. The football team is now up to a school history high 7th place in the national ranking. This season has been extremely for the team as they have now put atlas 70 points in four of the games this season. After this week’s game, the team will head to Winfield to take on Southwestern College to round up the regular season play.

| KWU Student Media

Sophomore Maddie Nowlin is pumped for the upcoming game.

To round out the fall sports season we have the volleyball team who have a record of 9-2 in the KCAC with the final game set to be played Saturday against Sterling College. The Coyotes are coming into the match having won 6 out of the last 7 contests with a win in the most recent over Oklahoma Wesleyan 3-0. Throughout the season, the only two losses came from now ranked Ottawa and McPherson University. Heading into postseason play, the team is guaranteed to be a 3 or 4 seed heading into the bracket. The team will find out its first round opponent once the regular season comes to an end.