Taqueria Fresnillo

Written by on October 21, 2018

Tacos.

Now that I have your attention, I have some news that might, possibly, change your life. Taqueria Fresnillo, a neighborhood taco restaurant, offers DOLLAR TACOS ON TUESDAY. Yes, a taco will cost you ONE DOLLAR, a single clam, once piece of cheddar, a solitary dead president. And to be quite honest, these are the best tacos that I have ever had in my life. 

The best part about Taqueria Fresnillo is its location. Right across the street from campus at the intersection of Cloud and Ninth street, across from the little pop-up flower shop. It is a simple two-minute walk (if that) and I definitely encourage you to hoof it if you can, as traffic around the building can get congested, especially around dinner time. When walking into the store, you immediately get the sense of it being a nice, small, family-owned business. The staff is always friendly and will easily be willing to help make sure you get what you are coming in for.

KWUStudentMedia | KWU Student Media

The menu is your typical Mexican cuisine during all hours, even the dollar taco special on Tuesdays. My typical Tuesday night run consists of grabbing four or five barbacoa tacos, little onions and add cheese. When you order your taco, it comes with the meat as well as onions and cilantro on top. Cheese does cost extra, and they will not hesitate to take the onions off. My roommate Griffin Bryant said that he loves going to Fresnilla because of the great atmosphere. “You can always rely on being able to walk in and get greeted with a smile and have a great conversation while ordering with the employees, “ he said, adding, “Plus the food is absolutely dynamite.” 

Overall, this is a must-go for students, faculty and staff, and indeed for any visitor to Salina. The environment is great, the staff is friendly, and the food is great.