Salina Entertainment

Written by on February 26, 2019

Salina Community Theatre

KWUStudentMedia | KWU Student Media Salina Community Theatre
Address: 303 E Iron Ave, Salina, KS 67401

A non-profit organization, the Salina Community Theatre is a place where people of Salina can go to see theatrical plays and shows. This community filled experience is available to all people and also gives them the opportunity to chase a dream, learn, participate, and help produce a theatrical program. Much like the Stiefel theatre in downtown Salina, the Salina Community Theatre is a place where family and friends can get lost in live performances and have a night to remember.

AMC Movie Theatre

KWUStudentMedia | KWU Student Media AMC Movie Theatre
Address: 2259 S 9th St, Salina, KS 67401

AMC Movie Theatre is located on the East side of Cental Mall. This movie theatre has a select offer for all Kansas Wesleyan students as long as they show student identification. This theatre has Dolby surround sound system, comfortable seating, and plenty of concession stand items the whole family can enjoy. With all of the latest movies, the AMC Movie Theatre is a great place to take a date, friends, or family on any given night.

The Stiefel Theatre

KWUStudentMedia | KWU Student Media (Photo: Indie On The Move)
The Stiefel Theatre
Address: 151 S Santa Fe Ave, Salina, KS 67401

The Stiefel Theatre is located in the heart of downtown Salina. This performing arts theatre opened long ago in February of 1931 as “Fox-Watson Theatre”. It was named after it’s founder W.W. Watson and the Fox Theater Company. Their primary mission today is to provide quality performances that enrich, educate, and entertain the public (StiefelTheatre.org). The original mission of the theatre was to provide the community with films, now it primarily is home to live shows. From Classical music, Symphonies, Comedy shows and all others in between, the Stiefel Theatre is home to all things live entertainment.

Salina Art Center

KWUStudentMedia | KWU Student Media Salina Art Center
Address: 242 S Santa Fe Ave, Salina, KS 67401

As a non-profit, the Salina Art Center is home to contemporary art and education of art. Many different artists from around the area, state, region, country, and even over seas have pieces set up here. the main mission of this center is to create conversation. Salina Art Center provides the community with a place to start conversations where people can discuss issues and reflect on them through artwork. Salina Art Center houses over 3,300 square feet of galleries, a 2,700 square foot education wing, along with administrative offices.

Redbox Locations

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image2-1024x768.jpeg

Address: 2236 Planet Ave, Salina, KS 67401
Address: 1235 E Cloud St, Salina, KS 67401
Address: 1727 W Crawford St, Salina, KS 6740
Address: 1201 W Crawford St, Salina, KS 6740

Redbox movie rentals are located all across the city of Salina. Redbox contains the latest movies and video games that people can rent for less than $2.00 a day. It is the smarter way to watch and play the newest titles. The four closest ones to the Kansas Wesleyan University campus are listed above. Redbox does not have the same effect as the AMC Movie Theatre or as the Salina Community Theatre but it still holds great value for all movie and video game enthusiasts.