Kenwood Cove

Written by on September 16, 2019

Kenwood Cove, located here in Salina, Kansas, is one of many big attractions to the community of Salina. It not only is to the town of Salina, but also to the students of Kansas Wesleyan University. Kenwood Coves hosts the yearly welcoming back pool party in August as the school year begins. Talking to many of the KWU students that were in attendance of the 2019 pool party, they were “thrilled with the waterslides, diving board, and the lazy river”. This years pool party was a great time for all the students to rekindle friendships and memories from the previous school year, and gave them the opportunity to start the year with some new ones as 2019- 2020 school year begins. With the pool party, it is always a great way to start off the year with a little fun in the water. Not only is it fun, but its a great time to relax and enjoy your time with friends before the school year starts. More importantly, for the freshman, it is great to meet new people.

Its very sad to say that the pool is only open for the months of May, June, July, and a part of August. Although the pool is closed throughout the fall, winter, and spring seasons it only makes the pool even better when May comes around and the pool is fully open to the public again.

Mia Needles | KWU Student Media

Picture taken by the Salina Post

The park is a newer addition to Salina and will remain to be a huge park of the summers for many years to come. When you are here, make sure you visit the pool as much as possible when the summer months come around! The pool will be reopening in May of 2020 and you will not want to miss out!

https://www.kenwoodcove.com