Homecoming Court!

Written by on October 23, 2019

At the end of the very long weekend of homecoming there was some very important news that everyone was waiting for based off of the several weeks spent voting over and over again to get the results of whop was going to be our 2019 homecoming king and queen.

Our 2019 homecoming king, senior star wide receiver of the football team, Trenton Poe-Evans and our 2019 homecoming Queen, senior guard of the women basketball team and captain of the cheerleading team Jayme Sloan. These two winners are incredible athletes and are role models to many of the students at KWU. As they are both seniors now at Kansas Wesleyan they got the opportunity to have their time in the spot light and be names as our 2019 king and queen as they both deserved it. The lovely pair was described by many as a “cute pair that deserved those crowns”.

The crowning of both winners took place at the beginning of half time of the football game on October 12th. Jayme Sloan, looking as beautiful as ever, changing from a cheer uniform to her red dress to claim her crown then straight back to uniform to finish the game. As for Trenton, he was still playing a game and half way through went to claim his crown as well.

Other nominee finalist¬†for the homecoming court ¬†were junior Justin Sullivan of the football team, Senior James Brooks of the mens basketball team, Senior Mikaela Johnson of the women’s golf team, and finally senior Maddy Schmidt of our women’s volleyball team.

Overall the weeks leading up to this event was very stressful for the entire campus of KWU as we voted for our best fit king and queen and finally came to our finalist to crown our kind and queen.

Mia Needles | KWU Student Media

Processed with VSCO with u4 preset