Molly Hatchets

Written by on October 29, 2019

Molly Hatchets is now officially open to the public, and it is well worth your time! This past weekend I decided to see what all the buzz was about and give my try at axe throwing. The first thing that you notice when walking into Molly Hatchets is the beautiful aesthetic of the whole place. Upon walking in, you see massive taxidermied animals mounted on the wall giving you a very woodsman kind of vide, which ties in well with the theme of the business.

Hunter Pane | KWU Student Media

After spending a minute admiring the animals, we quickly headed to the front desk, where we were greeted by a very nice gentleman that explained how the whole process worked. Surprisingly it was very straightforward! All you need to do is sign a waiver and pay the $20 per person fee. The $20 grants you your own throwing lane, and you can play as many games as you can fit into the hour. Games consist of five throws per player, with each player taking alternating turns throwing the axe. You have a total of three rounds per game to score as many points as possible, and at the end of all three rounds, you tally up the score to see who had the better throwing skills. 

Hunter Pane | KWU Student Media

Another neat aspect of Molly Hatchets is that the food and drinks come from Johny Rottens, which is located right next door. If you haven’t been to Johnny Rottens’ than you’ve been missing out. Overall if you are looking to have a great time with a group of friends or want to have a super unique birthday party, then Molly Hatchets is the place to go.