SKY Trampoline Park

Written by on October 29, 2019

Recently, KWU’s News Publications class took part in an exciting team bonding experience at Salina’s new local trampoline park, which is located very close to campus at 1820 S 9th St. As a class we got to spend an hour exploring the park and all it has to offer. The majority of the park consists of many individual trampolines for people to jump and relax while also offering two distinct larger trampolines for those who want to be adventurous and practice their flipping skills. If you’re looking for a real challenge there is also an extra-long trampoline in which you can perform all sorts of routines. Personally, that is one of my favorite aspects of the park because it allows me to really push myself with learning new tricks.

Paul Green | KWU Student Media

Along with the myriad of trampolines for people to enjoy there are a few places in the park that offer more challenges. In the back of the park, there is a challenging ropes course which consists of two courses that have you hanging over a large foam pit. I found the courses to be quite fun and challenging because at first glance they seemed quite easy, but as you started going I quickly realized that it would be slightly more challenging than expected.

Paul Green | KWU Student Media

One of my favorite additions to the park is its wall running area. For those of you that do not know what wall running is I highly recommend checking out some videos on youtube. Not only is the wall running extremely fun it is also very challenging. The concept is to appear as if you are running up the side of the wall while simultaneously throwing yourself off towards the trampoline to again repeat the process. Wall running is very exhausting, but with practice, you can learn some very fun tricks.

The last and probably the most popular part of the park is the dodgeball section. As a class, we played several games which got pretty heated at times. Similarly to normal dodgeball opponents start on opposite sides of each other but what makes the game more challenging is the ability to quickly “hide” by dropping to the ground and using the spring of the trampoline to bounce back up. The trampolines add a very fun and engaging aspect to the game. Not only do you have to worry about dodging but you can get hit from numerous different angles, in whole making the game a lot more difficult.