Captain’s Log… It’s Been Two Weeks…

Written by on April 1, 2020

In the vain hope of preventing my hysteria from isolation, I’ve been actually doing my schoolwork. In this trying time, the old adage of “due tomorrow, do tomorrow” has never been more fully implemented. It may not be the healthiest lifestyle, but I’m kind of at my wit’s end. I know this may come as a shock, but said schoolwork is among the last things on my mind at any given time. Since my last post, I’ve borrowed the microphone from the studio at school for my upcoming narration project as well as for podcasts, which I will be publishing on here every week. Fittingly, I’ve decided to name my podcast “Musings of the Imprisoned” and in it I talk about the things I’ve had nothing but time to think about. By the way, you can check that out here

I keep thinking about how the things that I had near immediate plans for may not happen, and if they do it won’t be until several months after I had planned on doing them. Like how I wanted to go teach English in Seoul, South Korea immediately after graduation, or how I wanted to have a graduation after my 16-odd years of school, or how I wanted to go to my twice-annual escape to a convention in Minneapolis/St. Paul. I can very easily rationalize that this is for the best as I have a lot of people in my life who would be extra susceptible to COVID-19, and I am the one most likely to give it to them. I understand all that. That doesn’t make it any easier for me to accept putting my life on hold and sitting in one place for as long as I’m going to have to. It’s for the best, but that doesn’t make it suck any less.

Don’t get the wrong idea though, neither those thoughts nor my narration project are what I talk about in the podcast. I can’t spoil everything all at once.

| KWU Student Media