Getting Paid in Quarantine

Written by on April 24, 2020

Hi!

In the only two things I’ve been talking about in these blog posts (namely because they’ve been the only two things I’ve been doing) I’ve been making a little bit of cash. The first is poker with my friends from around the country, and the second is that narration project. Technically I’m still down about $4 in poker, but I’ve bought in for at least $100 total. Let’s hope that tonight is a good night. In terms of the narration project, I negotiated with my friend who’s leading the project, and we’ve determined that I’m going to be making over $20/hr! Although much higher rates are the standard for voice acting, we settled on a much lower rate because neither of us are established and the budget for the project overall wasn’t nearly big enough for the standard voiceover rate. Almost makes me want to pursue it professionally more…

Essentially, I’ve been making the most of what I’m able to do over quarantine. I really miss spending time in the presence of my friends, but luckily, I don’t have to miss spending time with them in general. I wish that I had more to talk about in these blog posts, but I’ve really been holed up, and I imagine that no one wants to hear about my runescape account. 

Stay home, stay safe, and do the best for yourself that you possibly can.

Until next time~ <3

| KWU Student Media