Men’s soccer goes out with a win

Written by on November 2, 2021

Zachary Lockwood | KWU Student Media

Men’s soccer season sadly has come to an end as the team did not make the KCAC tournament playoffs.  Although, they did not make the playoffs the team did go out with a bang.  With the last game scheduled on the year coming the Men’s soccer team has been preparing for their rivalry game with McPherson college.

When at the game you can feel the energy and intensity of the game as the Coyotes had to be focused playing the number 25th ranked team in the nation.  The game started out well for the Coyotes as they took control of the game with possession.  This momentum would dictate the game giving the Coyotes the energy they needed for this game.  As they would not only go on to beat the Bulldogs but they would dominate the game keeping possession passing the ball around and even giving the Bulldogs pressure they could not handle.   Goals coming from Alfonso Lopez, Ivis- Gutierrez, and Israel Good.

All three goals would come in the second half as it started with Alfonso earning a penalty shot by being fouled in the opponent’s box in the 56th minute.  After netting the ball into the left corner and scoring soon after in the 63rd minute Alfonso would press the Bulldog defenders and win the ball passing the ball off to Ivis to finish off the goal.  Shortly after Israel caps off the scoring display by scoring his own in the 65th minute finishing up what would be a 3-1 win for the Coyotes who will carry this momentum into next season in the fall of 2022.

Zachary Lockwood | KWU Student Media